5 Eco-Friendly Gifts for Graduates
While gift cards and generous checks are always appreciated, why not surprise your graduating loved one with something a little more unique—something with a neat story? The following gift suggestions are creative twists on classic items. Each company featured seeks to improve the world with eco-conscious practices and materials. From recycled bike tires to locally brewed beer, there are no shortage of interesting ingredients.
Matt & Nat Passport Holder
- Does your graduate love to travel in style? If so, a classy passport holder is just the thing. Matt & Nat bags are created with various recycled materials, including nylons, cardboard, rubber (including bicycle tires), and cork. The linings are made with 100% recycled plastic bottles. Matt & Nat offer accessories for both men and women in a variety of colors.
- Perfect for taking notes (no matter the age or grade of the note taker!), Decomposition Books are made with 100% recycled post-consumer-waste paper and feature beautiful cover designs—a refreshing change from the standard school notebook. Decomposition notebooks are printed with soy ink on chlorine-free paper.
Bröö Hydrating Oatmeal Porter Shampoo and Conditioner
- Is the graduate a beer-lover? Does he or she prefer a pale ale or a porter? Or an IPA? Gift them with their favorite kind of brew…in a shampoo. Bröö Shampoo and Conditioner contain beer as their first ingredient. Beer, as it turns out, is one hair-loving substance. Credited with adding gloss to locks, malted barley released B vitamins that nourish and protect hair. From “saloon to salon,” the beer in Bröö is accompanied by natural, color-safe ingredients and plant-derived fragrance. Bröö is vegan and cruelty-free.
Molla Space Pulpop MP3 speaker
- Give the gift of music with this Molla Space Pulpop MP3 speaker. Made with environmentally-conscious material, this USB-rechargeable speaker delivers high-quality sound by amplifying sound through its hollow, donut shape.
- For a very dear graduate, jewelry is a thoughtful choice. Jewelry made with recycled precious metals lends special significance
Branch Cuff Links
Sturdy and masculine, these cuff links were directly cast from actual branches. A beautiful gift for the nature-lover when occasions demand he trade in hiking gear for formal wear.
Blossoming Branch Necklace in Sterling Silver
Cast from a blossoming branch, this delicate necklace suggest feminine grace and new beginnings.
Photos: Matt & Nat, Bookbinders, Bröö, Molla Space, Barbara Michelle Jacobs Jewelry
Leave a Reply